Care for the Elderly
Around one in three of us can expect to require residential care in our later years.
While the State can help with costs, eligibility is limited. Currently a residential care home costs over £25,000 a year on average. So it is important to look at funding solutions that can deliver income to help pay fees, while preserving some capital. Engaging a suitable Financial Adviser is therefore very important in making the right financial decision.
- We take a holistic approach to care for the elderly planning ensuring we have a full understanding of each client’s circumstances and financial position.
- We assist our client in fully understanding the extent of their capital and income needs.
- We consider the client’s personal objectives and needs, pre-care costs.
- We consider the client’s desire for access to, control, flexibility and income from capital
- We consider all non Financial Planning solutions to cover costs
- We investigate the various ways of funding for care fees (Scrutton Bland Ltd have a range of 6 different solutions)
- We review and comment on existing financial arrangements and identify possible problems or opportunities
- We ask questions and gather data. Years of experience of dealing with clients and financial institutions provide the knowledge of what questions to ask in order to get the right answers.
- We interpret and analyse information