Immediate Care Plan Plus Investment
How can I pay for care home fees and protect the remainder of my estate from severe depletion?
- Mrs Smith is 86 yrs old, already in care and has dementia
- House has been sold for £175,000
- Has capital of £20,000 on deposit
- Her income is £21,439 including the full attendance allowance
- Requires additional income of £16,000 to pay for Care Home fees
- She wishes some capital to be passed on to her family as an inheritance
- Enduring Power of Attorney has been registered
- Purchase an Immediate Care Plan for premium of £70,000
- £20,000 kept on deposit for emergency funds
- £105,000 invested for capital growth in a cautious portfolio and top up immediate care plan if required
- Make sure Will is up to date
Benefits from advice given
- Immediate Care plan will cover cost of care fees and increase by 5% for life
- Remainder of capital protected from severe depletion, compared to savings and investments gradually being surrendered to pay for care fees
- Peace of mind that Mrs Smith may be able to pass some of her capital on to her family
- A Will sets out who is to benefit from your estate after death
Talk to us now!
Call us on either - Colchester: 01206 838400 / Ipswich: 01473 259201 or
We will look to carry out a regular review of your circumstances, objectives, needs and portfolio performance to ensure all arrangements continue to be suitable and advise of any changes that may be appropriate.
This example is for illustrative purposes only, based on current legislation and tax allowances. Tax rules and regulations are subject to change.