By using our website you agree to our use of cookies - read more...

Income Equalisation with Actuary

Income Equalisation with Actuary

I want the same amount of pension as my husband when he retires

Client Circumstances

  • Mrs Moore is aged 48
  • Mrs Moore is currently negotiating her divorce
  • Mrs Moore has a “paid up” company pension
  • Mr Moore has three separate company pensions (not yet in payment

Recommended Solutions

  • Scrutton Bland verify if an Actuary needs to be involved (not needed in every case)
  • The objectives for the pension benefits in divorce are verified
  • We agree ages at which pensions to be equalised
  • State pension entitlements are obtained
  • Pension scheme information and letters of authority are obtained
  • Scrutton Bland present the papers with appropriate instructions to the actuary
  • Scrutton Bland assist the solicitors and Mrs Moore in understanding the report

Benefits from advice given

  • Actuary not instructed unnecessarily
  • Clear instructions are given to the Actuary to save time, reduce costs and minimise errors
  • Knowing the case Scrutton Bland are better placed to assist in reviewing the Actuary report and assisting client and solicitor
  • A Pension Sharing Order is agreed
  • Scrutton Bland can advise and assist Mrs Moore on implementation (externally)
  • Scrutton Bland can assist with implementation internally if required
  • Advice is obtained from a Resolution accredited specialist adviser
  • State pension “substitution” is undertaken via Scrutton Bland

Talk to us now!

Call us on either - Colchester: 01206 838400 / Ipswich: 01473 259201 or

Future Servicing

We will look to carry out a regular review of your circumstances, objectives, needs and portfolio performance to ensure all arrangements continue to be suitable and advise of any changes that may be appropriate.

This example is for illustrative purposes only, based on current legislation and tax allowances. Tax rules and regulations are subject to change.

Budget Planner

Our internal complaints handling procedures for the reasonable and prompt handling of complaints is available on request and if you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service or by contacting them on 0800 023 4567.

Alternatively, where your complaint relates to products or services purchased online, or by other electronic means such as by email, you may refer your complaint to the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform at