By using our website you agree to our use of cookies - read more...

Income Equalisation without Actuary (Internal)

Income Equalisation without Actuary (Internal)

I want to receive the same amount of pension as my husband will receive after we are divorced.

Client Circumstances:

  • Mrs Taylor is aged 68.
  • Mrs Taylor is currently negotiating her divorce.
  • She has State pension in payment of £5,346.
  • She has pensions in payment of £4,473.
  • Her husband has State pension in payment of £5,197.
  • He also has an occupational pension in payment of £35,073.
  • Mrs Taylor wishes to receive the same pension (income) - post divorce.
  • Mr Taylor is not keen to give up his pension.
  • Internal transfer is only available from Mr Taylor’s pension scheme.

Recommended Solutions:

  • Existing occupational pension scheme (credit and debit) divorce terms are obtained.
  • We undertake income equalisation calculations within Scrutton Bland (example overleaf).
  • A pension debit is concluded at 45.9%.
  • No Actuarial report required (so cost minimised).

Benefits from advice given:

  • Calculations made impartially without bias to either party.
  • Fair and equal income division achieved.
  • Reasons for uneven percentage PSO more readily understood and accepted.
  • Implementation is undertaken with the assistance of Scrutton Bland to ensure Mrs Taylor receives the pension due.
  • Mrs Taylor achieves a clean break and financial independence.
  • Advice is obtained from a Resolution accredited specialist adviser.
  • State pension “substitution” is undertaken via Scrutton Bland.

Equalisation of Pensions

Income Equalisation without Actuary (Internal)

Talk to us now!

Call us on either - Colchester: 01206 838400 / Ipswich: 01473 259201 or

Future Servicing

We will look to carry out a regular review of your circumstances, objectives, needs and portfolio performance to ensure all arrangements continue to be suitable and advise of any changes that may be appropriate.

This example is for illustrative purposes only, based on current legislation and tax allowances. Tax rules and regulations are subject to change.

Budget Planner

Our internal complaints handling procedures for the reasonable and prompt handling of complaints is available on request and if you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service or by contacting them on 0800 023 4567.

Alternatively, where your complaint relates to products or services purchased online, or by other electronic means such as by email, you may refer your complaint to the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform at