By using our website you agree to our use of cookies - read more...

Divorcee Nearing Retirement

Divorcee Nearing Retirement

I have agreed a Pension Sharing Order against my ex-husband’s pension. I will need a certain and secure income within two years.

Client Circumstances

  • Mrs Samuel is aged 53
  • Mrs Samuel’s children are adult
  • Mrs Samuel is recently divorced
  • She has a Pension Sharing Order against her ex husband’s pension equal to £236,000
  • Maintenance agreed to age 55
  • She has no other income source
  • Her attitude to risk is very cautious

Recommended Solutions

  • Transfer to low cost Stakeholder pension
  • Invest in cash funds only
  • Convert to annuity at age 55
  • Annuity arranged on a single life basis, guaranteed for 5 years

Benefits from advice given

  • Low cost pensions until age 55, minimal charges
  • Cash funds eliminate risk of pension fund falling in value
  • No exit charge on transfer to annuity at age 55
  • Annuity provides certainty of income for life
  • Peace of mind
  • Advice is obtained from a Resolution accredited specialist adviser
  • State pension “substitution” is undertaken via Scrutton Bland

Talk to us now!

Call us on either - Colchester: 01206 838400 / Ipswich: 01473 259201 or

Future Servicing

We will look to carry out a regular review of your circumstances, objectives, needs and portfolio performance to ensure all arrangements continue to be suitable and advise of any changes that may be appropriate.

This example is for illustrative purposes only, based on current legislation and tax allowances. Tax rules and regulations are subject to change.

Budget Planner

Our internal complaints handling procedures for the reasonable and prompt handling of complaints is available on request and if you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service or by contacting them on 0800 023 4567.

Alternatively, where your complaint relates to products or services purchased online, or by other electronic means such as by email, you may refer your complaint to the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform at