By using our website you agree to our use of cookies - read more...

Protecting Maintenance

Protecting Maintenance

I have agreed a financial settlement for our divorce, which includes maintenance payments from my husband, but what if he were to die?

Client Circumstances

  • Mrs Driver, aged 49
  • Recently divorced
  • Maintenance from ex-husband (age 53) of £1,030 pm
  • Maintenance ceases at age 60
  • Pension income commences at age 60 (from Pension Sharing Order)
  • Concerned about loss of maintenance in event of ex-husband’s death

Recommended Solutions

  • Arrange Family Income Benefit cover
  • Arrange on Life of Another basis
  • Fixed term of 11 years
  • Benefit £1,030 pm to age 60
  • Premium £15.82p,* (based on presumed good health/non smoker)

*Source: Avelo comparison quotation system 05-01-2012

Benefits from advice given

  • Peace of mind
  • Replaces maintenance in event of ex-husband’s death
  • Replaces maintenance until pension commences
  • Policy owned and controlled by Mrs Driver
  • Premium can be included in agreed maintenance payment
  • Advice is obtained from a Resolution accredited specialist adviser
  • State pension “substitution” is undertaken via Scrutton Bland

Talk to us now!

Call us on either - Colchester: 01206 838400 / Ipswich: 01473 259201 or

Future Servicing

We will look to carry out a regular review of your circumstances, objectives, needs and portfolio performance to ensure all arrangements continue to be suitable and advise of any changes that may be appropriate.

This example is for illustrative purposes only, based on current legislation and tax allowances. Tax rules and regulations are subject to change.

Budget Planner

Our internal complaints handling procedures for the reasonable and prompt handling of complaints is available on request and if you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service or by contacting them on 0800 023 4567.

Alternatively, where your complaint relates to products or services purchased online, or by other electronic means such as by email, you may refer your complaint to the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform at