By using our website you agree to our use of cookies - read more...

Young Divorcee

Young Divorcee

I have agreed a Pension Sharing Order against my ex-husband’s pension. I have many years to retirement and would like to use it to help build my business.

Client Circumstances

  • Mrs James is aged 43 and has two young children
  • Mrs James is recently divorced
  • Mrs James has agreed a Pension Sharing Order against her ex husband’s pension equal to approximately £375,000
  • External transfer only allowed
  • She has an above average risk profile
  • She has her own business and may wish to purchase business premises in future for approximately £100,000

Recommended Solutions

  • Transfer to new Self Invested Personal Pension
  • Retain £100,000 in cash for property purchase
  • Invest remaining £275,000 in broad range of passive funds
  • Apply appropriate asset allocation strategy
  • Complete Nomination of Death Benefit in favour of children

Benefits from advice given

  • One efficient pension arrangement
  • Enables tax efficient method for commercial property purchase
  • Flexible investment approach
  • Cost effective investment approach
  • Flexibility of when and how benefits taken
  • Provision for children
  • Regular annual review service
  • Advice is obtained from a Resolution accredited specialist adviser
  • State pension “substitution” is undertaken via Scrutton Bland

Talk to us now!

Call us on either - Colchester: 01206 838400 / Ipswich: 01473 259201 or

Future Servicing

We will look to carry out a regular review of your circumstances, objectives, needs and portfolio performance to ensure all arrangements continue to be suitable and advise of any changes that may be appropriate.

This example is for illustrative purposes only, based on current legislation and tax allowances. Tax rules and regulations are subject to change.

Budget Planner

Our internal complaints handling procedures for the reasonable and prompt handling of complaints is available on request and if you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service or by contacting them on 0800 023 4567.

Alternatively, where your complaint relates to products or services purchased online, or by other electronic means such as by email, you may refer your complaint to the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform at