Trading Down Property Owner
How can we produce additional income and go on a world cruise?
- Mr and Mrs Oates are both retired
- They are both in their 70’s and in good health
- Income £22,000 pa Expenditure £26,000 pa
- Savings nearly exhausted £15,000
- Property with land £600,000 (mortgage free)
- Property becoming a burden to keep
- No Investments
- Would like to go on a world cruise while they are still both in good health
- Sell property and trade down to smaller property
- Release £250,000 of equity
- Top up cash reserve to £30,000
- World cruise £20,000
- Investment portfolio £215,000 to produce additional income
- Maximise ISAs, husband and wife – now and annually from portfolio
- Diversify the funds over a spread of four broad asset classes (UK Equity, Overseas Equity, Commercial Property and Fixed Interest).
Benefits from advice given
- Smaller property – reduced annual expenditure
- Investment Portfolio to produce approximately 3% pa additional income (£6,450 pa)
- Able to have their world cruise, while they are still both in good health
- Increased future financial security with more cash/Investment
- Capital invested in a simplified environment with potential for growth and income
- Less paperwork
- Lower charges
Talk to us now!
Call us on either - Colchester: 01206 838400 / Ipswich: 01473 259201 or
We will look to carry out a regular review of your circumstances, objectives, needs and portfolio performance to ensure all arrangements continue to be suitable and advise of any changes that may be appropriate.
This example is for illustrative purposes only, based on current legislation and tax allowances. Tax rules and regulations are subject to change.