At Retirement Planning
In the past there were no decisions to make at retirement. Employers provided pre-determined pension rights, the State provided a weekly pension and if you had any pension funds it was a matter of choosing the best annuity.
Today the choices facing the retiree are enormous. Pension annuity, protected rights annuity, investment annuity, un-secured pension, phased retirement etc. This is now a highly specialist area of financial planning requiring a suitably qualified financial adviser. It is virtually impossible to deal with retirement without the appointment of a professional adviser.
- We take a holistic approach to At Retirement planning ensuring we have a full understanding of each client’s circumstances and financial position.
- We assist our client in fully understanding their retirement position and needs.
- We consider the client’s personal objectives and needs.
- We consider the client’s desire for access to, control, flexibility and income from pensions and other capital
- We consider all non Financial Planning solutions
- We investigate the whole range of retirement solutions, including Annuities, USP (Drawdown), Phased, ASP and scheme pensions.
- We review and comment on existing financial arrangements and identify possible problems or opportunities
- We ask questions and gather data. Years of experience of dealing with clients and financial institutions provide the knowledge of what questions to ask in order to get the right answers.
- We interpret and analyse information
- We consider clients’ appetite for risk
- We apply appropriate investment strategy to PCLS (tax-free cash)