IIP Trust (Existing)
Trust Investment had been set up approximately 15 years ago, Trustees had requested that the Investments were reviewed.
- Portfolio valued approx £750,000
- Invested in a share portfolio
- £400,000 held in UK shares
- £350,000 held in Fixed Interest securities
- Producing a natural income of approximately 2.5% to 3%, taken to provide income for Life Tenant
- Objective is to provide income for Life Tenant and capital growth for Remaindermen
- Review Trustees' attitude to risk
- Review Trustee Investment Policy Statement
- Realise existing portfolio (phased within annual CGT allowance as necessary)
- Reinvest in portfolio of collective investments
- Asset allocation to match Trustees’ risk profile
- Diversify over a spread of four broad asset classes (UK Equity, Overseas Equity, Commercial Property and Fixed Interest)
Benefits from advice given
- Trustees meet their duties/responsibilities under Trustee Act 2000
- Meets Trustees’ Attitude to Risk
- Significantly reduced risk exposure
- Improved diversification of portfolio
- Natural income maintained
- Potential for capital growth
Talk to us now!
Call us on either - Colchester: 01206 838400 / Ipswich: 01473 259201 or
We will look to carry out a regular review of your circumstances, objectives, needs and portfolio performance to ensure all arrangements continue to be suitable and advise of any changes that may be appropriate.
This example is for illustrative purposes only, based on current legislation and tax allowances. Tax rules and regulations are subject to change.