Charity Investment (Existing)
The Charity’s investments were arranged approximately 18 years ago and have not been fully reviewed since. Are they still appropriate?
- Total investments held approx £900,000
- Investments all held in Common Investment Funds (CIFs)
- £600,000 held in single UK Equity fund
- £300,000 held in single Fixed Interest fund
- Natural income, approx 3%, taken to supplement Charity’s activities
- Objective is long term real capital growth
- Sell existing investments
- Reinvest in portfolio of collective investments
- Diversify over a spread of four broad asset classes (UK Equity, Overseas Equity, Commercial Property and Fixed Interest) spread across a range of funds
- Asset allocation to match Trustees’ risk profile
- Arrange investments on appropriate Platform/Wrap
- Review and rebalance on regular annual basis.
Benefits from advice given
- Complies with Charity Commission guidelines
- Trustees meet their duties/responsibilities under Trustee Act 2000
- Significantly improved diversification of portfolio
- Improved asset allocation
- Significantly reduced risk exposure
- Improved administration/reporting and management via platform/wrap
- Natural income level maintained
- Flexibility to take additional income/capital withdrawals as required
Talk to us now!
Call us on either - Colchester: 01206 838400 / Ipswich: 01473 259201 or
We will look to carry out a regular review of your circumstances, objectives, needs and portfolio performance to ensure all arrangements continue to be suitable and advise of any changes that may be appropriate.
This example is for illustrative purposes only, based on current legislation and tax allowances. Tax rules and regulations are subject to change.