Charity Investment (New)
We have received a sizeable gift and need to invest this for long term growth and to supplement regular donations.
- Established charity
- Regular expenditure/outgoings approx £28,000 pa
- Regular fundraising (not guaranteed) approx £18,000 pa
- Irregular donations/endowments (not guaranteed) approximately £11,000 pa
- One-off endowment received of £350,000
- Retain £50,000 in cash deposit as emergency fund
- Invest £300,000 capital in portfolio of collective investments
- Diversify over a spread of four broad asset classes (UK Equity, Overseas Equity, Commercial Property and Fixed Interest) spread across a range of funds
- Asset allocation to match Trustees’ risk profile
- Arrange investments on appropriate Platform/Wrap
- Review and rebalance on regular annual basis.
Benefits from advice given
- Complies with Charity Commission guidance
- Trustees meet their duties/responsibilities under Trustee Act 2000
- Well balanced and diversified strategy achieved
- Strong medium to long term growth potential to out-pace inflation
- Simplified administration/reporting from Platform/Wrap
- Natural income of approximately 3% pa (£9,000 pa) accumulated
- Flexibility to take income or capital as and when required
- Cash reserve provides liquidity especially in early years as investment becomes established
Talk to us now!
Call us on either - Colchester: 01206 838400 / Ipswich: 01473 259201 or
We will look to carry out a regular review of your circumstances, objectives, needs and portfolio performance to ensure all arrangements continue to be suitable and advise of any changes that may be appropriate.
This example is for illustrative purposes only, based on current legislation and tax allowances. Tax rules and regulations are subject to change.