By using our website you agree to our use of cookies - read more...

Interest in Possession Trust (New)

Interest in Possession Trust (New)

Mr West died and left provision in his Will to ensure his wife had adequate income on his death whilst at the same time leaving funds for the benefit of their children

Client Circumstances

  • Mr West had established a will trust
  • Upon his death £400,000 of his estate is placed into trust
  • Mrs West has a right to receive income
  • The Capital is to benefit their three children.

Recommended Solutions

  • Invest £400,000 into a collective portfolio
  • Invested in a diverse manner across the main asset classes UK Equity, Overseas Equity ,Commercial Property and Fixed Interest securities.
  • Asset allocation to match Trustees’ risk profile and meet the need to produce income with a natural yield of approximately £10,000 to £12,000 pa
  • Increase diversification by investing in a range of funds
  • Arrange investments on appropriate Platform/Wrap
  • Review and rebalance the Trust assets on a regular basis.

Benefits from advice given

  • Trustees meet their duties/responsibilities under Trustee Act 2000
  • Diversified strategy achieved
  • Strong medium to long term growth potential to benefit the remaindermen (children)
  • Natural income of approximately 3% pa paid out to life tenant (Mrs West)
  • Simplified administration/reporting from Platform/Wrap

Talk to us now!

Call us on either - Colchester: 01206 838400 / Ipswich: 01473 259201 or

Future Servicing

We will look to carry out a regular review of your circumstances, objectives, needs and portfolio performance to ensure all arrangements continue to be suitable and advise of any changes that may be appropriate.

This example is for illustrative purposes only, based on current legislation and tax allowances. Tax rules and regulations are subject to change.

Budget Planner

Our internal complaints handling procedures for the reasonable and prompt handling of complaints is available on request and if you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service or by contacting them on 0800 023 4567.

Alternatively, where your complaint relates to products or services purchased online, or by other electronic means such as by email, you may refer your complaint to the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform at